home >> Calories and Nutritional Values
Calories and Nutritional Values
Nutritional Facts about Lentils
* Absolutely low in Calories! (about 115 Calories per 100gram cooked Lentils)
* Lentils contain on average (depending on the type of Lentil) 26% in protein.
* Cholestorol lowering soluble Fibre
* Known to give you steady slow-burning energy, while stabilising blood sugar levels
* High in dietary fibre - Red lentils contain less fibre than green lentils (11% as oposed to 31%).
* Lentils provide high amounts of important minerals, and 2 B-Vitamins.
* Very low levels of fat
* Studies have been conducted that indicate that eating high fibre food like Lentils lowers your risk at heart diseases (due to its high levels of fibre, folate and magnesium).
* Iron will help your blood stay healthy